- - 4 Egg Whites
- - 8 Cups Confectioners Sugar, or as needed
- - 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice, or as needed
- - 24 Sugar Cookies
- - 24 Large Marhmallows
- - 1 (.75 oz) tube black decorating gel
- - 1 (.75 oz) tube orange decorating gel
- - 1 (.75 oz) tube red decorating gel (optional)
- - 1 (.75 oz) tube green decorating gel (optional)
- - 75 silver nonpareils, or as desired (optional)
- - Beat egg whites lightly in a large bowl using an electric mixer until frothy. Slowly beat enough confectioners' sugar into egg whites to make icing that will hold shape; blend in lemon juice until desired consistency is reached.
- - Arrange cookies about 1-inch apart on a large sheet of waxed paper. Spread icing onto each cookie, allowing icing to drip over edges to look like melting snow.
- - Grease a microwave-safe plate. Place 1 marshmallow onto plate.
- - Microwave marshmallow until it starts to puff up, 20 to 30 seconds. Immediately place marshmallow on the edge of 1 cookie while the icing is still wet to look like a melted snowman. Repeat with remaining marshmallows and iced cookies.
- - Decorate 'melted snowmen' by piping 'twig-like arms' using black decorating gel on the icing. Make 'coal eyes' and a 'mouth' on the marshmallow using black decorating gel. Make a 'carrot nose' under the 'coal eyes' using orange decorating gel. Make 'coat buttons' by arranging silver nonpareils down the middle of the icing. Make 'scarves' or 'bow-ties' using red decorating gel or green decorating gel.
- - Allow cookies to fully dry before removing from waxed paper, at least 1 hour.
Cook's Note: You can use premade dough, such as Pillsbury® to make the cookies. No one cares.
Editor's Note: This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw eggs. Learn more about egg safety from the article, Making Your Eggs Safe.